Re: [Monotone-devel] [Monotone-users] Trying to Contact Monotone

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] [Monotone-users] Trying to Contact Monotone
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 18:23:58 -0400

"Siegel, Steven N. (GSFC-585.0)[TELOPHASE CORP]"
<address@hidden> writes:

> I am in the process of looking at some vendor's Configuration
> Management Tools for evaluation for use by some NASA projects.

monotone is maintained by a purely voluntary organization; I doubt any
large project will want to touch it unless they can provide their own
support (which would mean learning the monotone source code).

On the other hand, I know of NASA projects that are using CVS and svn,
and even gcc with no contracted maintenance support, so apparently
anything goes.

> I have searched the Internet for information and your company is one
> of the ones we would like to evaluate. I have a small questioner that
> I would like to send to you and to evaluate your responses as required
> by NASA. This is being conducted in order to see what kind of support
> and feedback we can expect from your company. I do not see a means of
> adding an attachment to a particular person of group and would
> appreciate an e-mail address to send the questioner to. Thanks

This sounds a lot like spam or phishing, but I'll bite; you can email me
off list.

--
-- Stephe