[Monotone-devel] segmentation fault

From: Hendrik Boom
Subject: [Monotone-devel] segmentation fault
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 17:50:35 -0400

I left out the "--db" when creating a new monotone database.
I might expect to be chided with an error message, but not to
get a segmentation fault:

address@hidden:~/monotone$ mtn db init free-fun
mtn: fatal signal: Segmentation fault
this is almost certainly a bug in monotone.
please send this error message, the output of 'mtn version --full',
and a description of what you were doing to
<https://code.monotone.ca/p/monotone/issues/>
do not send a core dump, but if you have one,
please preserve it in case we ask you for information from it.
Segmentation fault
address@hidden:~/monotone$

Actually, even doing the following is trouble:

address@hidden:~/monotone$ mtn version --full
mtn: fatal signal: Segmentation fault
this is almost certainly a bug in monotone.
please send this error message, the output of 'mtn version --full',
and a description of what you were doing to
<https://code.monotone.ca/p/monotone/issues/>
do not send a core dump, but if you have one,
please preserve it in case we ask you for information from it.
Segmentation fault
address@hidden:~/monotone$

So I think something is seriously wrong.  Is my executable corrupt?

In case it helps,

address@hidden:~/monotone$ md5sum /usr/bin/mtn
3b0c8c24bcb6edf22f7f5935c0a91ca2  /usr/bin/mtn
address@hidden:~/monotone$

aptitude tells me I have monotone 1.0-6, monotone-extras 1.0.6, and
monotone-doc 1.0.6, all on a Debian wheezy system that was upgraded
about two days ago.

-- hendrik