Re: [Monotone-devel] Christmas Release

From: Hugo Cornelis
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Christmas Release
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 10:16:12 +0100

Hi,

Confirming that Monotone is still being used by the Genesis (www.genesis-sim.org) and the Neurospaces projects (www.neurospaces.org).

We added a layer on top of Monotone to manage and control sharing of multiple repositories for different projects.

I personally track / manage a total of 5 projects and a total of 23 repositories (actually more if I would count the suspended ones).

These repositories range from ~ 300KB to ~ 300MB, have many many revisions and branches.  As far as I can tell they are geographically dispersed across three continents.

We are actually very happy with the simple interface provided by Monotone which facilitated the development of the management layer on top of Monotone.

One thing that would help us regarding security is the implementation of Montone's policy branches.

Hugo