Re: [Monotone-devel] usher documentation

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] usher documentation
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 21:41:39 -0600

On 11/27/2015 07:03 AM, Hendrik Boom wrote:
I'm specfically looking to find out how to get usher to reread the
configuration file.
It tries to be a good Unix daemon, and catches SIGHUP for this. There's
also a command thru usherctl.
Either it didn't work, or I don't know how to SUGHUP.

I tried kill -1 <process id>

After that the usher process was still running, but I couldn't connect to
it.
Actually killing it completely and then restarting it from scratch made
it work again.  Upon restarting, of course it read the new configuration.
...yep, it's broken. :(

I pushed a couple new revisions on nvm.contrib.usher, one with a test that fails if it hangs on SIGHUP and one that makes that pass.

The last revision 591a8f14... ought to work, or at least to fail differently if there are other related problems.