Re: [Monotone-devel] deferred merge

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] deferred merge
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2016 09:58:20 -0500

Hendrik Boom <address@hidden> writes:

> Is there some easy oe-time way of asking a merge to be deferred, so
> that the "merged" file has both versions in it, complete with
> '<<<<<<<<' and ">>>>>>>" and ssuch to mark the conflicts?  Because
> sometimes it takes a lot more analysis than is practical with the emacs
> merge command.

You can use the "conflicts" set of commands; see
http://www.monotone.ca/docs/Merge-Conflicts.html#Merge-Conflicts

They let you output a list of the conflicts that will occur during a
merge, and create files that resolve the conflicts. Then when all the
conflicts are resolved, you can do the actual merge.

I implemented those commands precisely to allow more time for conflict
resolution.

--
-- Stephe