Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone on Github?

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone on Github?
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2018 18:36:24 -0600

I have a slightly older export here as well https://github.com/dscherger/monotone but I'm not keeping it up to date.

both have been exported via the git export feature. The problem with
that is: incremental updates are not supported.

I'm not entirely sure this is true, I haven't looked at this stuff in a very long time but when I originally implemented the git export feature I think I did allow for incremental updates and the docs seem to indicate that this might actually work.

See here http://www.monotone.ca/docs/VCS.html#VCS

The --import-marks and --export-marks options are similar to those documented in git-fast-export(1) and git-fast-import(1). These may be used for incremental exports and may also be useful for repository verification. The marks-file is read on startup if --import-marks is specified and all marked revs are excluded from the export. The marks-file is written on completion if --export-marks is specified and will contain marks for all revs that were exported in addition to any marks that were read on startup. It is safe to use the same file for both --import-marks and --export-marks but different files may also be used.

No idea if this would support what you're after or not but there's a chance.

Cheers,
Derek