monotone-users

[Monotone-users] Missing root conflicts

From: Aaron W. Hsu
Subject: [Monotone-users] Missing root conflicts
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 01:12:39 -0500

Hello,

How can I fix a missing root conflict? Specifically, it appears that I have two histories for a single branch:

A1       A2
 |        |
 o        o
 |       / \
 o      o   o
         \ /

I wish to merge these two, but I get the following error:

mtn: 2 heads on branch '---'
mtn: merge 1 / 1:
mtn: calculating best pair of heads to merge next
mtn: [left]  443bbee8302f4f2b9415755ad70d65421293f8c1
mtn: [right] ce3f4f6e5ef8a261df438a6a5f5c01c4f185e5a8
mtn: conflict: missing root directory
mtn: conflict: duplicate name '' for the directory ''
mtn: added as a new directory on the left
mtn: added as a new directory on the right
mtn: misuse: merge failed due to unresolved conflicts

I think this is because two root directories have been added. However, I cannot figure out how to use pivot_root to fix this. Does anyone have a suggestion?

        Aaron W. Hsu

--
Programming is just another word for the lost art of thinking.