moz-bonobo-list

Re: [moz-bonobo-list] No more PDF with 'gpdf'

From: Christian Glodt
Subject: Re: [moz-bonobo-list] No more PDF with 'gpdf'
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 23:04:22 +0100

On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 00:06, Luca Capello wrote:

> Hello,
>
> on 01/11/04 23:06, Christian Glodt wrote:
> | I've seen that too. It only occurs when using the viewer in stand-alone
> | mode (which never happens during normal usage). Guess it's a double-free
> | of a CORBA Exception. I'll fix it for the next release.
> please take care that it doesn't happens for .ps (as in my previous mail).
>
> |>- - PS test
> |>application/postscript
> <cut>
> | Alright, this sounds like you are seeing the same thing as I.
> | It actually works fine, it's just that the component has a fixed
> | size and won't resize with the window. Again, this only happens
> | in stand-alone mode.
> Yes, but the component is very little, just about 0.5x2cm. Anyway, I
> think this is correct.

Yes that's normal for the current version. The stand-alone mode of the
viewer is really just a debugging tool, and is not meant to be that
useful.

> | Well, Jean Bréfort reports that it's working for him. If you try
> | to compile gpdf yourself, please report back on how it works.
> Yes, I tried 'gpdf-0.111' and 'gpdf-0.120' from sources (with
> 'checkinstall'), but I got the same problem, so I guess this is a Debian
> problem, not a 'gpdf' one. Am I right?

The problem might also be dependent on some other package, like
libbonobo.

> Is there another way to debug the problem, now?

I don't know of any. Maybe it's time to file a debian bug. Can you do
it?

Cheers,

Christian Glodt