moz-bonobo-list

Re: [moz-bonobo-list] Calling javascript or changing the location from a

From: Luca Padovani
Subject: Re: [moz-bonobo-list] Calling javascript or changing the location from a bonobo control
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 12:46:52 +0100

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 11:51, Jean Bréfort wrote:
> I don't see why it does not work either at first glance. May be
> something was missing with my patch :-(.

I tracked the execution within mozilla-bonobo-viewer, and there (with a
few fprintf's) I saw that the request arrives normally. But then I
wasn't able to track it in the plugin part. I put some fprintf's here
and there (in the function of the listening thread) but nothing popped
out, perhaps it's because stderr gets redirected? Then I tried turning
the fprintf's into exit's and nothing changed.

> I should probably do some debugging. I suppose the code is gtkmathview.
> Is the cvs version at gnome.org uptodate? And can you provide a sample
> file?

well the code is not in gtkmathview itself but in a wrapper which is
hosted in a private repository. I guess at the moment the best would be
an independent test for mozilla-bonobo that tries whether the feature
works. Alternatively I'm available to do some remote debugging provided
you give me some guidance on what to check. Unfortunately I'm not very
experienced with threads and mozilla's code (I wish this feature was
simpler to implement ;-) ).

Regards,
--luca