mp3player-help

[mp3player-help] mp3player and OSD

From: Lucas
Subject: [mp3player-help] mp3player and OSD
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 17:08:31 +0100

Hi :)

I made a little OSD program which displays the first argument passed to
the program. That way, we can make mp3player call that program to show
the song currently played. And, we could call emacsclient too, from
another program. I use it with xbindkeys and my "multimedia" keyboard,
that's faster that switching to my Emacs, look at the modeline and
switch back to where i was. Moreover, i can call it from a game, like
BZFlag :)

The files are at http://wrf.free.fr/emacs/mp3player-osd/ . Please be
indulgent, that's what i call a poor hack, the comments are in French,
works here, but no guarantee it'll work somewhere else. You need the
developpment libs for xosd and X .

Hope this helps :)

--
Lucas