nano-devel

[Nano-devel] autogen.sh problems

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: [Nano-devel] autogen.sh problems
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 20:11:16 -0800 (PST)

I'm having no luck getting nano 1.1.7-cvs to compile.  Using a CVS snapshot
from a few days ago, I get the following (I'm running autoconf 2.52 and
automake 1.4pl5, and I do have all the other components needed; I'm running
Slackware 8.0 with many added components compiled from source):

aclocal: configure.ac: 219: macro `AM_PATH_GLIB' not found in library
aclocal: configure.ac: 310: macro `AM_WITH_NLS' not found in library
autoheader: error: AC_CONFIG_HEADERS not found in configure.ac
automake: configure.ac: installing `./install-sh'
automake: configure.ac: installing `./mkinstalldirs'
automake: configure.ac: installing `./missing'
configure.ac: 7: required file `./config.h.in' not found
configure.ac:6: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
configure.ac:7: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONFIG_HEADER
configure.ac:8: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_ACLOCAL_INCLUDE
configure.ac:200: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_ERROR
configure.ac:219: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PATH_GLIB

I've tried copying over the config.h.in file from nano-1.1.7, but that only
eliminates the one error message; I've tried copying over configure from
nano-1.1.7 and running it after this autogen.sh session, and it still fails
with several of the above error messages.  I'm probably doing something wrong
here, but I don't know what it is; could someone please help?  Thanks.

Run a small business? Then you need professional email like address@hidden from
Everyone.net  http://www.everyone.net?tag