nano-devel

[Nano-devel] Nano translations updates

From: Jean-Philippe Guérard
Subject: [Nano-devel] Nano translations updates
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 00:57:53 +0200

Hi !

I have a quick question about the nano translation & release process.
(I am the current maintainer of the French nano PO file). I am under the
impression that the current situation is as follows :

Once a new nano version is officially released, the new PO template is
sent to the translators. They in turn reply with a new revision of the
PO file, that match the current released version.

This updated PO file will be released with the next official version of
nano.

If this is the case, this means that, while nano in CVS has most of the
time an up-to-date translation, the released version never have a
correct translation - they always include the PO file that would be a
good translation for the previous version, but that does not include the
latest changes.

Could you confirm if it is the case ? Are there point release to update
the translations ?

Thanks !

--
Jean-Philippe Guérard -- mailto:address@hidden