nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Re: wrapping and -w switch

From: Jordi Mallach
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Re: wrapping and -w switch
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 12:52:39 +0200

On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 10:52:21PM -0400, Chris Allegretta wrote:
> No no no no :) Not portable to rely on GNU getopt being available on
> the system.

Ah, I feared this ;)

> I'm going to have to knuckle under and make a force wrapping (-W) option

The problem is, it's not only -w the option with the problem, there are
more, only that -w is the most annoying default for some people.

> ... what's wrong with --wrap for the long option name ;-).

Heh, yes, I realized later :p

> Hmm, perhaps
> we can just define it if --enable-nanorc is defined?  When else would
> you need to force wrapping on because it's off by default?

Hmm. When you are root and have --no-wrap-for-root?
But still, I think we should look at a better solution for the future.

maybe allowing arguments to these "yes or no" switches:

--autoindent=yes; --autoindent=no?

I fear that if we just use two different switches for everything, we'll
quickly run out.

Jordi
--
Jordi Mallach PĂ©rez || address@hidden || Rediscovering Freedom,
   aka Oskuro in    || address@hidden      || Using Debian GNU/Linux

http://sindominio.net  GnuPG public information:      pub  1024D/917A225E
telnet pusa.uv.es 23   73ED 4244 FD43 5886 20AC  2644 2584 94BA 917A 225E