nano-devel

[Nano-devel] patch update, bug report

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: [Nano-devel] patch update, bug report
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 07:42:17 -0700 (PDT)

I've made a minor update to nanocaeuid3.patch this time; it
turns out that the gotopos() call isn't needed when setting
up marking in load_open_file().  The bug, which also occurs
in 1.1.8-cvs vanilla, is as follows:

1. Turn marking on, and mark a selection in the file.
2. Invoke the spell checker (it doesn't matter whether it's
the internal or the external spell checker).
3. When you return from the spell checker, the mark will
apparently be from the current x-coordinate to some point
later in the file.  I say "apparently" because if you cut
that marked text, severe corruption results in both the
display and in memory (i. e. a segfault occurs upon
exiting).  It's unpredictable and hence hard to describe;
try it and see for yourself what happens.The correct behavior is, of course, to
have the mark
exactly the way it was before spell checking (accounting,
of course, for any words that may have changed).  I'll look
into this.

Promote your group and strengthen ties to your members with address@hidden by
Everyone.net  http://www.everyone.net/?btn=tag