nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Colors

From: Jordi Mallach
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Colors
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 16:21:53 +0100

There's address@hidden, which is the user list.

> I'm running nano over ssh on OS X. That is, I ssh into our linux devel
> server from within Terminal on OS X. I also have nano installed on OS X
> but it rarely gets used. I'm having trouble getting color working. That
> is, I can't get it to work at all, on either installation. Does this
> sound familiar to anyone, perhaps a color problem with OS X's Terminal?

I guess you've seen the other thread. I assume you have compiled nano
with colour support, right? If so, maybe the OSX terminal is a bit too
crappy. The only time I've been in front of a MacOS X box, I got the
impression that the console wasn't too cool. But I don't know, really.
What $TERM do they use?

> Also, I'm wondering if there is any way to edit a file that uses spaces
> for tabs as if the spaces were tabs. This is something many editors do
> so I'm surprised that I can't find how to do it with nano.

I think this was suggested a while back in the list, but I don't
remember what the comments where, if it was a desired feature, if
someone would work on it...

Jordi
--
Jordi Mallach PĂ©rez  --  Debian developer     http://www.debian.org/