nano-devel

[Nano-devel] 1.1.99pre1test, Pico Mode and history

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: [Nano-devel] 1.1.99pre1test, Pico Mode and history
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 17:42:07 -0800

http://www.nano-editor.org/dist/test/nano-1.1.99pre1test.tar.gz

        I finally got caught up ;-)  Ken's history patch is in, Pico Mode is
out
(because it's now the default), and --preserve has been implemented in its
place.  The search/replace behavior in this release should show what Ive been
talking about regarding the search/replace behavior.  The CVS-enabled can just
update, but I figured I'd put this out for the CVS-challenged.

Here's what's left before we can get to 1.2:
- Spelling.  The leaking fds issue aside, both DB's implementation and my own
do
not seem to gracefully handle "sort" not being in the PATH.  I'm starting to
wonder if this is a problem with my dist (debian) or kernel, because
exit(system("sort -f </dev/null")) is returning 0 on my box, when sort is not
in
the path.   Hmm.

- Spelling.  There's an odd bug where the screen cycles several pages between
misspelled words. I haven't been able to track it down yet, but it's probably
relared to color.

- Documentation.  I figure we can start really getting into this after pre1 is
released.  Anyone who wants to volunteer to do this has my blessing, but I will
do it if no one wants to.  Some more syntax highlighting examples would be nice
too.

- Testing.  And lots of it.  I imagine there will be a few billion bugs founds
in the prereleased, but we can still hammer on the code since then.  This is
more of a reminder to me, as I've been so bad about testing as of late.

Feedback on pre1test welcome :)

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

"Share and Enjoy" - Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001