nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] more patch updates, etc.

From: Jordi Mallach
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] more patch updates, etc.
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 20:48:36 +0100

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 11:10:43AM -0800, David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:
> I only meant that the patches aren't in sync with nano as of that
> change.  As for my option on the removal, though, I've thought about it
> and I'm with you.  If it's going to be in every 1.2.x version, it's
> overkill IMHO.

Ok :)

> >Hmm. If you foresee this situation is going to take long, I'm happy to
> >open an account for you at my server. It's not too well connected
> >(ADSL), but it's better than nothing. You can also access sourceforge's
> >shell (nano.sf.net).
> According to what I heard last, it'll be a week or so.  If it ends up
> being longer, there may be a problem.  Would you be so kind as to open
> the account, so I can avoid that?  Thanks in advance.  (I've looked
> into SourceForge, but I can't seem to find any direct reference to a
> shell other than the compile farm.)

Sure thing. What login name? dlr?

For the sourceforge accounts, just ssh address@hidden

> I thought the problem was only with inserting files.  Oh well.

I thought that too :/

> The most
> recent fixes added to nanomiscbugs5 handle problems similar to this,
> though, including problems with nano crashing as soon as a user typed
> anything if there was an error opening the file
>
> What I'm trying to say is that maybe the fixes handle this problem, but
> I'd have to (a) test it to be sure, and (b) strip out the other parts of
> the patch if they do, which at least is relatively easy since these
> fixes make up the bulk of the patch now.  In any case, I'll look into
> this as soon as I can.

Ok. Let's see when we can get things straight.

Jordi
--
Jordi Mallach PĂ©rez  --  Debian developer     http://www.debian.org/
address@hidden     address@hidden     http://www.sindominio.net/