nano-devel

[Nano-devel] nano-1.2.0 install failed on solaris 2.6

From: Paul Lew
Subject: [Nano-devel] nano-1.2.0 install failed on solaris 2.6
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 00:08:23 -0800

The nano 1.2.0 failed to detect existing ncurse library and resulted
in failed compilation.  We have ncurse-5.3 installed in our site
standard location: /auto/isnbu-cnstools, so the libraries and include
files are located in:

    /auto/insbu-cnstools/include/ncurses
    /auto/insbu-cnstools/lib

respectively.  The include should then be either:

    #include "ncurses/ncurses.h"

with -I/auto/insbu-cnstools/include or

    #include "ncurses.h"

with -I/auto/insbu-cnstools/include/ncurses.

The nano.h file contains:

      44 #ifdef USE_SLANG        /* Slang support enabled */
      45 #include <slcurses.h>
      46 #define KEY_IC SL_KEY_IC
      47 #define KEY_DC SL_KEY_DELETE
      48 #elif defined(HAVE_NCURSES_H)
      49 #include <ncurses.h>
      50 #else /* Uh oh */
      51 #include <curses.h>
      52 #endif /* CURSES_H */

The combination of 2 problems trigger the compilation failure:

* line 48: HAVE_NCURSES_H should be defined but it is not.
* line 49: should be "ncurses/ncurses.h" because assumption of
  ncurses.h is in /usr/include is incorrect.

The previous nano 1.0.9 installed and worked with no such problem.
Our gcc is gcc-3.2.1.  Thanks.