nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Updates

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Updates
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 06:20:30 -0700 (PDT)

--- Ken Tyler <address@hidden> wrote:
>Is the "new" string added to the history straight away or just kept
>"somewhere safe",  in case it is actually needed for a search ?
>
>I ask because a search string should only be added to the history if used
>for a search, not because it was entered at the search prompt and ignored.

It's just kept somewhere safe (i.e, it's properly preserved in
currentbuf and restored upon scrolling up instead of erroneously being
blown away in the scrolling-down routine).  The string'll only be lost
if you cancel out of the search prompt without using it in a search.

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get address@hidden w/No Ads,
6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag