nano-devel

[Nano-devel] status, "Where Is Next" patch, etc.

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: [Nano-devel] status, "Where Is Next" patch, etc.
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 12:36:35 -0700 (PDT)

In case you're wondering why I've been quiet for the past few days, I've
been a bit busy for most of them.  However, I've been testing Wouter's
"Where Is Next" patch since I put in the input overhaul, and it appears
to be working just fine.  After a bit more testing, I'm planning on
committing it next.

In most circumstances, I'd like to avoid making the toggle keys not
match the command line options for the sake of keeping things intuitive,
but seeing as (a) only needing to hit one chorded key to repeat a search
is faster than having to hit a chorded key followed by Enter to do the
same, which saves time, (b) there doesn't appear to be any other really
intuitive key for it to use, (c) Meta-L is intuitive when used for
wrapping if you think of wrapping 'L'ines, much as Meta-F is intuitive
when used for multiple buffers if you think of opening multiple 'F'iles,
and (d) we already have one toggle that doesn't match the command line
option (Meta-O for saving in Mac format), I'm going for it.

After this, I should probably update the documentation to handle the
changes so far; I'm putting in the "Where Is Next" patch first only
because it'll be handy to have when doing so.