nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Fixed regexec() memory leak

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Fixed regexec() memory leak
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 12:43:59 -0800 (PST)

On Monday 03 November 2003 12:54, David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:
>> >My backspace key no longer works in 1.3.0's search field but ctrl-h
>> >does work. Is there a fix for this?
>>
>>yeah, in nano-1.2.x backspace worked just fine on all my linux boxes
>>but with 1.3.x it's a little weird ... sometimes it works, other times
>>i have to do ctrl+backspace or ctrl+h ...  again, backspace works fine
>>in normal input but when going to a search field or something similar
>>backspace stops working ...

This is bizarre.  And to think I rewrote the input routines to try to
put an end to these kinds of terminal problems.

<snip>

>> When you say it doesn't work, do you mean that it's completely
>> nonfunctional?
>
>yes, backspace doesnt seem to have any affect at all ... it doesnt act
>like backspace or delete or anything else as far as i can tell ...

Hmmm.  Thanks for the additional info, but I still can't reproduce this
on my Slackware-current box.  I have noted, though, that one of the key
values that I've blocked in the current code is ASCII 127.  In nano
1.2.x, ASCII 127 it was always treated as Backspace.  I thought that
Backspace would only generate KEY_BACKSPACE or Ctrl-H, but I guess that
isn't the case.  (Only Ctrl-Backspace and Ctrl-8 generate ASCII 127 on
my box.)  Does the attached patch have any effect on the problem?