nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] DOS/Mac text conversion

From: Bill Soudan
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] DOS/Mac text conversion
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 14:19:42 -0400

On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 12:33, Dwayne Rightler wrote:

> Yuck... At first glance I thought the patch would be easy, now that you
> mention multiple buffers I realized that all the buffers share the writing
> format...  that could get hairy.  You'd have to have the write format for
> each buffer stored in a structure somewhere.  I don't even want to think
> about how much code that would touch.

I don't mind slogging through the code to fix it, I just don't want to
waste my time if it's not going to be accepted.

As far as the patch goes, my plan would be something like this:

1) find whatever structure is maintained per buffer, keep a file format
indicator in this structure
2) fill it in when a file is opened
3) use it when a file is saved as the default type

There's already an indicator when you save a file for the type, which
was going to be my #4.  #5 was going to be keys to switch the file type,
but that's already there also.

I contributed a regexp search patch at one point long ago, though I'm
sure the code has changed quite a bit since then :)

Bill