nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Spell check marked text

From: Rocco Corsi
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Spell check marked text
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 21:35:36 -0400

Hi David

  I can reproduce this on 1.3.4.

  Actually, maybe I don't understand how to use the Mark feature.  See
if I am doing this right.

1) create a file with one line with some spelling mistake
2) make four copies of this same line
3) go to the beginning of the third line
4) hit CTRL-^
5) move to the end of the line (it will highlight the line)
6) spell check (i.e. CTRL-t)
7) Nano will prompt to "Edit a replacement: badword" on the first line.

Is this what how the feature was supposed to be implemented or a bug?  I
am just asking because someone could make a case for either way.

I mean:

1) only send the marked text to "spell", but correct entire document
2) only send the marked text to "spell", but correct marked text only

Regards,
Rocco