nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] unicode test with nano

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] unicode test with nano
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 01:09:46 -0400

Mike Frysinger wrote:

<snip>

>>Eterm is probably using a non-Unicode font. Do you see silly square
>>characters?
>
>nah, it just shows it as two funky characters instead of one

Let me guess; are the funky characters "ø"?

I had the same problem while trying to reproduce your off-by-one
scrolling problem.  Part of UTF-8 support has to be in the terminal, and
apparently Eterm doesn't have it, unless something has changed since
these postings (found by googling "eterm utf-8 support"):

http://www.kainx.org/journal/?view=20050407
http://www.kainx.org/journal/?view=20050418