nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] advertising Unicode Input

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] advertising Unicode Input
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 12:17:33 -0400

Benno Schulenberg wrote:

<snip>

> In my opinion nano really should blank the statusbar immediately upon
> the verbatim keystroke or completing the Unicode, also when
> 'quickblank' is not being used.  Maybe this is not what Pico does, but
> it is so much clearer about what is happening.

Applied, minus the "Cencelled" messages, and with a few minor tweaks
(gcc -pedantic told me that nested functions aren't allowed in ISO C, so
I moved add_unicode_digit() to a separate function, and the "Unicode
Input" message is now displayed in parse_verbatim_kbinput() because (a)
get_unicode_kbinput() is supposed to only be a state machine, and (b)
displaying the message unconditionally will cause problems when using
Unicode input at the statusbar prompt).  The statusbar now blanks
immediately after the verbatim input as you suggest, which I agree is
clearer, and I don't think it's really a problem with Pico compatibility
because (a) it's a special case, and (b) Pico has nothing like it.