nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] please merge the zh_CN.po from TP

From: Jordi Mallach
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] please merge the zh_CN.po from TP
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 20:55:34 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 07, 2007 at 09:48:44PM +0200, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> LI Daobing wrote:
> > and I think there is some bug between TP and nano-devel, is
> > sounds that TP's announce letter does not come to nano-devel.
> The announcement mails from the TP for nano go to Jordi Mallach, who
> is in charge of the localization part of nano.  Apparently he did
> not receive the announcement mail for nano-2.0.2.zh_CN.po, or he
> would have pulled the file in before the release of 2.0.3.  Or he
> simply forgot.  It can happen.  Jordi?

Yes, it probably happened as I had a serious, nasty problem with email
handling lately; I've wanted to mail you to make nano maintainer email
point to address@hidden for quite a while now, but have failed for
the same reasons my mailbox is overflowed.

So, let's make this a formal request to change the contact address for
nano. David, this doesn't mean I won't do the commits for po/ stuff
myself, I don't want to give you yet another burden, it only means the
notifications will be public, and if something escapes my attention, you
can check it out.

> Hmm, nano CVS also contains two PO files that are not present at the
> TP: cs.po and fi.po.  Did those come from translators who do not
> wish to make use of the TP?  Anyway, if you accept PO files outside
> of the TP, please let the TP know, so that it can either import
> these files, or (if the translator does not wish to use the TP)
> mark nano as 'external' for the corresponding language , so other
> translators for that language will not waste time on redoing the
> translation.

Yeah. These files were translated externaly, before nano became a GNU
project and its translations were moved to the TP. All other translators
started using the TP, except fi and cs, which had been long abandoned
(last modifications in 2002 and 2003 respectively), and were marked by
Karl as external. When not so long ago we saw there was nobody working
on these files, I asked Karl to get rid of the marks so the fi and cs
teams could take these domains officially under the TP. I'm not sure if
we should have announced that on team-leaders, though.

I hope this clarifies, and sorry about the inconveniences.
Jordi
--
Jordi Mallach PĂ©rez  --  Debian developer     http://www.debian.org/
address@hidden     address@hidden     http://www.sindominio.net/