nano-devel

[Nano-devel] nano 2.0.7pre2 is out

From: David Ramsey
Subject: [Nano-devel] nano 2.0.7pre2 is out
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 21:07:43 -0600

http://www.nano-editor.org/dist/test/nano-2.0.7pre2.tar.gz

Changes since -pre1:

1. A few documentation updates have been added.

2. nano now exits properly if initscr() fails.

3. After executing a program in a new buffer, and breaking out of it
using Ctrl-C, the entire terminal is now reinitialized in case the
program changed it (e.g. running xterm would turn on flow control).

4. nano now uses raw mode instead of cbreak mode, which makes terminal
initialization a bit simpler, and which may help with the NetBSD curses
problems.  Besides, with the things being turned off via termios, older
versions of nano were close to raw mode anyway, and older Cygwin version
were even using raw() until the --preserve option was added.

5. Slang curses emulation support is now removed entirely.  I'm aware
that this is controversial, but the last straw was when testing (3) with
it and finding out that Ctrl-C would completely stop working after
breaking out of the executing program, regardless of whether the
terminal was reinitialized, whether signals were disabled again, or
anything else I tried.  Even the Slang author doesn't recommend its use
anymore, and nano is hardly any smaller when built with slang if
--enable-tiny is used.  Furthermore, since no one has ever reported the
aforementioned bug under Slang, I'm guessing that it isn't widely used.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Please test.  Thanks in advance.