nano-devel

[Nano-devel] Nano - Segmentation fault

From: Carlos López
Subject: [Nano-devel] Nano - Segmentation fault
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 18:55:32 +0000

Hi mates,

I'm a Yoper (http://www.yoper.com) packager. We have nano in our reposotiories
and, what's more, it's our default editor. Besides, we are about to release
Yoper 3.1 and to achieve this we have upgraded a lot of packages including
nano. It's exactly because of this why I'm writing to you, nano causes
segmentation fault under certain circumstances. If you set the LANG variable to
"address@hidden" and launch nano, it crashes. However, if you set the varible
to address@hidden it works out great. Although this happens with nano 2.0.7, it
doesn't on nano 1.3.8, which used to be the version of Yoper 3.0.

To test the bug please do any of the following lines:

export address@hidden && nano
export LANG=es_ES && nano

Although nano works out with any of the next lines:

unset LANG && nano
export address@hidden && nano
export LANG=es && nano
export LANG=de && nano
...etc

Do you know what's going on?
How could I solve it?
Is it a nano's bug or simply a problem of my system?

I'm looking forward to having news from you soon.

Best regards! ;-)
Tecnología, moda, motor, viajes,…suscríbete a nuestros boletines para estar
siempre a la última
http://newsletters.msn.com/hm/maintenanceeses.asp?L=ES&C=ES&P=WCMaintenance&Brand=WL&RU=http%3a%2f%2fmail.live.com