nano-devel

[Nano-devel] old PO files, and command line options don't override

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: [Nano-devel] old PO files, and command line options don't override
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 10:40:51 +0200

Hi,

Today I noticed that in nano-2.0.9, command line options do not override
the options in the /etc/nanorc and .nanorc files.  Or to be more specific:
'--fill=44' does not override 'nowrap' in .nanorc.

Luckily, after downloading and compiling 2.2.4, this version does let
command line options override rc-file options.  Is this a fix that could
be easily backported to the 2.0.x branch?  Or is the latter branch
considered dead and finished?

Something else.  Looking into the po/ subdir of the 2.2.4 tarball, it appears
that my nl.po update of last April isn't in there.  Comparing the dates of
the other PO files with those available at the TP, also the updates for
Brazilian, Chinese, Finnish, French... (I haven't looked further) weren't
pulled in.  Does the release-tarball making checklist contain the item
'pull in PO files from TP'?  Is it not be possible to automate this with

   rsync -Lrtvz  translationproject.org::tp/latest/nano/  po

as suggested on http://translationproject.org/html/maintainers.html ?

Regards,

Benno