nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Linter support at last

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Linter support at last
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 19:24:47 -0500

On 2/26/14, frank <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 24/02/2014 15:23, Chris Allegretta wrote:
>
>> ... which I assume may be controversial to some.
>
> Not to spoil the party, Chris, but isn't there anything more important
> to take care of?
>
> Let me suggest e.g. a key recorder (macros) or a script language
> interface to lua, guile, python or whatever.

There are many many things to take care of.  We should have had a
2.2.7 release ages ago, there are definitely improvements needed to
the .swp file support. We need to have a real regression system,
something I tried to get working based on Expect repeatedly, and was
unable to make work.  Then you could count any number of feature
requests people have made.

That said, this is free software and has never paid the bills for me.
My free time is extremely limited, and there are many many things
which are (and may always be) beyond my means technically; I'm
choosing to spend my time working on something I find motivating and
am capable of producing at the moment, and hoping that will lead to
thinking about nano more and trying to make more time for it.  That
strategy has worked before at least.

I know this isn't the answer you wanted, but it's the only one I can
give right now.  As always I'm grateful for any help offered, be it
testing feedback, bug reports, patches, and of course feature
requests.

Have a good night!