nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Colorize the menu, title bar, and status bar

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Colorize the menu, title bar, and status bar
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 18:19:14 +0100

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014, at 15:07, Mark Majeres wrote:
> Attached is a patch for v2.3.2 that adds optional colors to the menu,
> title bar, and status bar.

There is a slight problem with colouring the titlebar.  When I set
the terminal narrower than it really is (which is 128 columns),
with 'stty cols 80', then the title bar will still be coloured over the
full 128 columns -- whereas with the colour settings commented
out, the title bar will be black (having a light-background terminal)
over the correct 80 columns.

It could be that this is not a problem in your code, but an artifact
of the Gnome terminal that I'm using -- on a VT console (with a
black background) it works correctly.  But please have a look.

By the way, in the screenshots you added, is that the normal size
of your terminal?  Just 53 columns wide!?  Or is that to keep the
PNGs small?

Benno

                          wherever you are