nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Colorize the title bar, status bar, and menu bar

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Colorize the title bar, status bar, and menu bar
Date: Thu, 08 May 2014 16:55:37 +0200

Hello Mark,

On Wed, May 7, 2014, at 20:43, Mark Majeres wrote:
> I updated the colorized UI to except bright colors.

Thanks.  That seems to work nicely.

However, the removal of a "return false" from parse_color_names()
in rcfile.c doesn't seem right to me: if I specify "white, brightblue",
the bright gets applied to the white.  I think it's better to not colour
the thing at all than to do something that wasn't explicitly asked.
So I will drop that little chunk.

Also, after experimenting a little, I think it looks nicer to not colour
the space before the function name (visible when using a background
colour) -- that is, to move the line waddch(bottomwin, ' '); outside of
the wattr*() calls.

Attached tweaked patch will go into SVN, if you are okay.

Benno