nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Smooth Horizontal Scroll patch (failing to update scree

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Smooth Horizontal Scroll patch (failing to update screen after where-is-next)
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 22:38:01 +0200

Hello Mark,

On Wed, May 21, 2014, at 19:02, Mark Majeres wrote:
> I noticed a problem with the horizontal scroll patch when switching
> between buffers.  The attached patch resolves the problem.

This patch breaks searching.  It will find the first occurrence, and after
that an M-W will say "Search Wrapped", but will not find any other
occurrence (and does not say "This is the only occurrence" either, what
it should normally do when it thinks there is no other occurrence).

Or rather, it does seem to find the other occurrence, but forgets to
update the screen -- because when exiting after one M-W and then
restarting nano with the same file, the cursor will be at a different
occurrence (when having option poslog set in .nanorc).

Maybe previous horizontal-scrolling patches broke this screen updating
too, I don't know, I just noticed it now on this latest version.

Benno