nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Syntax Highlighting

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Syntax Highlighting
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 21:09:11 +0100

Hello Mitchell,

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015, at 18:15, Mitchell Bumgarner wrote:
>      I’m not sure if you still update the nano-editor,

Yes, the idea is that we still do.  :)
The current stable version is 2.4.2.

> but I believe have fixed a couple of the syntax highlighting files.

Well... it seems you have based your work on an old version of nano.
Which one precisely?

> I have made one for shell files called sh.nanorc.

But this already exists, since long, in nano.

> Also, I was able to fix the Batch and Powershell files.

These don't exist in nano.  Does Apple add them?
(Or you meant the other way around: you made these two,
and changed the sh one?)

> All 3 files can be located at https://github.com/mitchell486/nanorc.

I've had a look.  How is your sh.nanorc better than this one?:
http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/trunk/nano/doc/syntax/sh.nanorc?revision=5203&root=nano&view=markup

In the powershell.nanorc file, it would be much better to write things like:

icolor brightred
"([[:space:]]Add-Computer[[:space:]]|[[:space:]]Add-Content[[:space:]]|...)

like this instead:

icolor brightred "[[:space:]](Add-Computer|Add-Content|...)[[:space:]]"

What are batch and powershell?  Are they things that run only on a Mac?

> Thank you for your amazing product!

:)

Benno

--