nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Patch for bug #44950

From: Rishabh Dave
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Patch for bug #44950
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2016 21:07:26 +0530

Hello,

I have tried following commands to test the patch over my CLI (my .nanorc file is, still, blank) -

./nano foo/bar

./nano -G  foo/bar

./nano -B foo/bar

If directory 'foo' doesn't exists, then it reports back on statusbar in a way similar to what nano already does when trying to edit a directory ('./nano ../doc'). It achieves same but I made many changes. I am summarizing them below.

I abandoned the code I sent last time, as there was no need to search for slashes in input filename because libraries we use (libgen.h and sys/stat.h) already provides functions to achieve the same effect. Also, I thought over to rename patch's determine() to be more descriptive (determine solely sounds ambiguous as it does not tell what does it determine) but I could not find any name as concise as names (of functions) nano already has.

Variable 'mistakes_in_path'  is essentially same as variable 'mistakes' in last patch (it stores number of mistakes in path of file) except that it now has bool data-type as we directly (and only) report non-existent directories.

All my previous patches had whitespaces so I changed my rcfile of text editor I am currently using.