nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] 2.5.1 little fry

From: frank
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] 2.5.1 little fry
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 14:12:07 +0000

On 21/01/2016 16:52, Richard Kolb II wrote:
"Hey guys, I'm trying to build under windows but I'm not having any luck, can anyone point me to what I need to do?"

Good idea. Please try yourself and see if you can help.

The readme on the windows zip of nano says how to compile pdcurses, did you follow that?

Did you read the post you are replying to? Quote from the post:

* pdcurses is not offered by cygwin but can be downloaded and installed in cygwin. Done. I had even to compile it beforehand. You see, the library pdcurses.a is not available for download as the nano's README in the Windows zip package suggests. Neither mentioned in the README is the fact that pdcurses compiles to pdcurses.a even if you compile it with wide-characters and UTF-8. You have to decide whether the symlink of the README example should be e.g. libcurses.a or libncursesw.a.

* The nano configure script does accept pdcurses. Problems are elsewhere.

Regards

frank