nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] snipping almost twenty lines out of the commenting code

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] snipping almost twenty lines out of the commenting code
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2016 21:07:41 +0200

On Fri, Jun 3, 2016, at 14:06, Mike Scalora wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 3:22 AM, Benno Schulenberg
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Thinking about it, a better way to prevent the unwanted undo item
> > presented itself.  It even gets rid of the file_changed bool.  See the
> > first patch again.
>
> That's better.

Attached is a further revised version.

> I'm neck deep in indent code right now,

Nice.  I have already rebound my keys in anticipation:

  # Indenting and Outdenting:
  bind M-I indent main
  bind M-O unindent main
  bind M-J autoindent main

  # Kommenting:
  bind M-K comment main

> just last
> night I was thinking that tabsize should be a per-file variable.

Hm?  Why would you want that?

> > [...] it's too much work to pass the data.
>
> Would it be heresy to suggest a variadic function?

Yes.  :)  Too heavy for just one special case.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - The way an email service should be