nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Proposal w/ prelim patch for command line argument to s

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Proposal w/ prelim patch for command line argument to specify nanorc file
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2016 10:54:48 +0200

On Sat, Jun 4, 2016, at 18:52, Mike Scalora wrote:
> Proposal:
>
> Allow user to specify file-path to session specific nanorc file. This
> would allow a rudimentary way to have different groups of settings.
>
> Use case:
>
> The nano project uses 8 column tabs with 4 column indents. The htop
> project uses tabtospaces and 3 column indents. Most web projects I'm
> familiar with use 2 or 4 column indents. Using different settings for
> each project would be facilitated with a project specific nanorc file.

Nice.

Additionally, I think -J should ignore the system rcfile, /etc/nanorc.
Currently there is no way to ignore that file while still making use of
an rcfile.  Running with -J ~/.nanorc would then allow the user to avoid
and just load the ones that he/she uses.  Nano is meant to be small; let's
allow it to be small also when running.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Or how I learned to stop worrying and