nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] [RFC] Improve nano's completion feature to use external

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] [RFC] Improve nano's completion feature to use external sources of completion
Date: Sat, 19 May 2018 18:14:28 +0200

Op 19-05-18 om 02:23 schreef Marco Diego Aurélio Mesquita:
> On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 3:01 PM, Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hm.  You want to run this grep every time the user types ^]?
>> That seems like a waste of time, and leads to a repetitious
>> reading of the same file.  Better just let nano read the
>> relevant file into a special buffer and include that buffer
>> in the completion search.
>
> I think details have been given in my answer to Brand. Please join the
> discussion!

WTF?  You send me to a different thread?  You want me to read all that
stuff and figure out what part is the answer to my question?  Don't do
that!  Answer *here*.

Also, I sent you a patch (3/3).  Test it!  *Comment* on it.  I am
waiting.

Furthermore, I sent an RFC.  If you want to change nano, you should
get involved also in other questions concerning it.  Even if all you
have to say is that you never use justification and have no opinion
about it, that is good information too.

Benno