nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] [RFC] Lnaguage-specific bindings

From: Brand Huntsman
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] [RFC] Lnaguage-specific bindings
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 21:01:25 -0600

On Tue, 22 May 2018 22:21:31 -0300
Marco Diego Aurélio Mesquita <address@hidden> wrote:

> The attached patch implements language-specific bindings for nano.

Good feature but it has a few issues. My nanorc has includes for each syntax
file, a default syntax (not an included file) and then key binds. I assume all
binds are placed in the default syntax with this patch, because it complains
about a bunch of functions not allowed and then aborts.

Error in /etc/nanorc on line 380: Mapping "exit" is not allowed for
syntax-specific
Fatal error: no keys mapped for function "Exit".  Exiting.

I commented out the default syntax and it still produces the same errors. Did
the binds get put in the last included syntax? Might be better to require
bind/unbind to be in an include file to be syntax specific.

Not all syntaxes are languages, so all uses of "language specific" should
probably be renamed to "syntax specific".