nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] File size problem in the status bar

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] File size problem in the status bar
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 18:04:36 +0200

Op 23-07-18 om 04:27 schreef Liu Hao:
> 在 2018-07-22 19:27, Benno Schulenberg 写道:
>> Run for example:
>>
>> src/nano --ignore --auto --line  +4,-1 NEWS
>>
>> and type: M-P <Enter>.  Note how line 5 consists of 13 spaces. Now type:
>> <Enter> ^C.  Note the number of characters: 105487.
>
> Yeah, nice catch, although I am still a bit curious how you managed to find
> it. XD

Easy: somehow I seemed to remember that I had moved the add_undo(ENTER)
not too long ago -- or at least: it must have been placed where it was
for a reason.  So I did:

  git log -p -w src/text.c

and searched for add_undo\(ENTER\), and pressed "n" until I found a
commit that moved it.  The commit was 005ee8ed:
  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/nano.git/commit/?id=005ee8ed

The add_undo() was moved to make the allblanks case work correctly.

So I simply pressed <Enter> twice, so the second <Enter> would be on
a line of all blanks, and then do an M-U, and see...

> I have tested pure spaces, pure tabs and mixed spaces and tabs with auto
> indent on and off, breaking a line at the beginning, in the middle and at the
> end. In all cases, the original issue no longer exists.

Thanks for the extensive testing.

Pushed to master, commit c4d09cc2.

Benno