nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] [Request] allow deleting a marked region without affect

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] [Request] allow deleting a marked region without affecting the cutbuffer
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 11:02:27 +0200

Op 09-10-18 om 21:56 schreef Brand Huntsman:
> On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 21:33:29 +0200 Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>> If the user wants the marked region gone, they should type <Del> first (when
>> <Del> has been made to annihilate a marked region).
>
> Are you working on this or should someone else?

No, I'm not working on this.  No time.  Feel free to post a
feature request on Savannah first.

> And what about a second cut function?

That second cut function (that removes something without affecting
the cutbuffer) should be made first -- <Del> and <Bsp> will want to
use it when something is marked.  Or rather: when something is soft
marked (shift-selected).  Maybe we can get away without an extra
option: Pico doesn't know Shift-selection, so people who are used
to Pico will set the mark before making a selection, and in that
case <Del> and <Bsp> should continue to delete single characters.
But when something is shift-selected... they could delete the
selection.

Benno