nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] alternative anchoring: allowing to set multiple "bookma

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] alternative anchoring: allowing to set multiple "bookmarks"
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2018 19:36:21 +0100

Op 06-11-18 om 14:29 schreef Marco Diego Aurélio Mesquita:
> Our use cases are different. Considering that most other implementations of
> this feature are similar to mine, I'd argue that my use case is more common.

That doesn't follow at all.  Other editors most likely copy features
from each other.  And they are made by programmers, who probably have
different navigating needs than the average user.

Furthermore, those editors most likely want to offer the most versatile
mechanism possible, not caring much about how much code or memory this
requires.  Nano is a *simple* and small editor.  It offers basic and
simple features.  And when it offers something that is a little more
advanced, it offers a simple version of it.  For example, it is possible
to record a macro, but there can be just one, and it cannot be saved --
it is very limited.  Anchoring is the same, simple version of bookmarks.

Benno