nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Autosave

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Autosave
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2019 20:04:39 +0200

Op 30-03-19 om 16:42 schreef Faissal Bensefia:
> Here is a patch that adds autosave functionality to Nano. The rationale
> behind this is that people often get into the habit of repeatedly saving
> their work, [...]

Repeatedly, yes: when a paragraph or a longer edit has been completed.
But upon *every* single keystroke that modifies the content?  No way.

"Autosave" normally means that an application saves the data every five
minutes or so.  What your option does is "continuous save".  It causes
an unneeded wear of the storage medium.  I won't accept this, it's not
"nano", not small and sparing.

Benno