nano-devel

Re: More colors?

From: Seb
Subject: Re: More colors?
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 21:24:35 +0100 (CET)

Hi Benno,

Thanks for taking the time to send the details!

So... even though also I would like to be able to use a handful of extra colors (mostly because the existing darkest ones are too dark for comfort on a dark background, and the lightest ones too light on a light background), I don't want all those complications.

I understand. It is often best to keep the core program lean and maintainable.

Sometimes, though, it is possible to offer optional modules, packaged separately. Because they are optional, they may not be required to work in all cases; for instance, an extension could work only on terminals that understand 24-bit colors, and be labelled as such, which would eliminate the conundrum of fall-back colors. The need for more colors seems likely to stay, indeed to increase over time. Even I have started using them :-)

Just an idea.

Kind regards,
Sébastien.