nano-devel

Re: how to change the title bar?

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: how to change the title bar?
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 09:57:11 +0200

[Threading of messages is not important on this low-volume list.
 The important thing is to keep messages on the list.]

Op 10-10-2021 om 19:37 schreef Tom Beers:
> Ah that minibar option is an excellent addition,

I'm glad you like it.  :)

> and thank you very much for the
> patch! After playing around with it for a while I think I like the minibar at
> the
> bottom. I have removed the percentage and the utf8 code point, and I've also
> moved the position indicator to the right. It seems to be working fine, but
> I've
> attached the patch in case you can spot any mistakes

If you move the line and column numbers to the right, you have to remove
the printing of the state flags as well, otherwise they will overwrite the
line number when it gets large.  With your patch applied, do for example:

  src/nano + NEWS --mini -x

See that for the location it says: 2083 1
Now type <Left>.
The location now says: 082 32
Oops.
Type Alt+S.
The location says: S082 32

Attached is an improved patch, that also adjusts a hard-coded number.

Benno