nano-devel

Feature request - Smart parentheses support

From: mayuresh
Subject: Feature request - Smart parentheses support
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 15:47:40 +0100

I understand that "nano" is supposed to be a minimalist text-editor, and hence
I understand the resistance to adding new features, sometimes even in the case
of patches being contributed.

I will graciously accept the rejection of my request, if it comes to that.

I would like to request support for "smart parentheses handling" for
programming languages from the Lisp lineage.
One of the best approaches (I've noticed) for the same is the one presented at;
https://shaunlebron.github.io/parinfer/

Hope I have not rocked the boat too hard.

Thank you,

~Mayuresh