nano-devel

Re: three more patches for nano-5.4 in Debian stable

From: Jordi Mallach
Subject: Re: three more patches for nano-5.4 in Debian stable
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2022 10:12:05 +0100

Hey,

El dj. 01 de 12 de 2022 a les 09:47 +0100, en/na Benno Schulenberg va
escriure:
> Attached three patches fix some relatively serious bugs in nano-5.4
> as present in Debian bullseye.  Patch 0036 and 0037 fix unlikely but
> possible crashes.  And patch 0038 fixes a character-eating bug when
> two options are combined.  Not many people use --breaklonglines, but
> the ones that do, and have --autoindent on too, will not like it that
> nano can eat a bit of text when the cursor is in a certain position
> when Enter is pressed.  Please consider applying these patches.

This is awesome, thanks for the effort. I'll start the very long quest
of getting updates accepted in Debian stable right away. It takes time,
but the bug fixes are simple enough that they'll pass the reviews
easily.

> (You could apply the last patch also to 7.0, but nano-7.1 will be out
> in about two weeks.)

Yeah, not worth the hassle.

Thank you!

Jordi