nano-devel

Re: [bug #63062] [Wish] A feature to trim blanks automatically at the en

From: André Kugland
Subject: Re: [bug #63062] [Wish] A feature to trim blanks automatically at the end of lines when the text is saved
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 18:21:02 -0300

May I suggest that the config line you suggested be added to the default nanorc (commented) as an example of what can be done? I myself didn’t know that nano could have keybindings that pipe the buffer into another program.

## For snipping trailing blanks when you save a file:
#bind ^S "{execute}| sed 's/\s\+$//' {enter}{savefile}" main

André Kugland

On Thu, Sep 15, 2022 at 8:01 AM Benno Schulenberg <bensberg@telfort.nl> wrote:

Op 15-09-2022 om 11:15 schreef Oliver:
> This is an open source project. How dare you mark a wish as wont fix that
> anyone could fulfill at any time?

Pfff...

--

Benno