nethack-el-devel

[Nethack-el-devel] Yes its perverse

From: William LaForest
Subject: [Nethack-el-devel] Yes its perverse
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 16:45:58 -0400

But unfortunately I am forced to use Windows on my machine.  I have been trying to get nethack.el to work but have not had much success.

With some work I was able to get nethack to compile and install the unix version under cygwin (after I used the approprate nethack-el source patch of course).  When I start it up from rxvt I don't get anything at all but I assumed this might be because it was compile for "lisp graphics".  The problem is that I am getting the same sort of thing under emacs.  It runs the process but nothing seems to happen.  If I run the nethack mode again in emacs I get a message saying that "Nethack process already running..."

Perhaps I should have compiled the winnt version instead?  I'm not sure.... Has anyone out there done this or have any ideas?

    -Will